Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Life's Katrina's - The Recovery

Over the last few months I have been overwhelmingly negative on these blog posts.


There has been nothing but constant death, hardship, unrequited love, and financial ruin.


My life hasn't been entirely doom and gloom though as there have been some miraculous things happening.


I've always been thisclose to having something of mine produced, whether it's a TV pilot, a screenplay, or a premise but finally after all these years it seems that it is really happening this time.


My friend and writing partner sent me a scrip with five pages of dialogue and a premise and I ran with it. What was completed was described to me as one of the funniest things a certain professional actor had ever read. Now we have a cast, a director, and a bunch of other things you need to make a movie in waiting. I just hope this is the thing that eventually launches a career I enjoy.


My podcast had been doing really well and now I get to hang out with three of my favorite people at least once a week.


My comedy is doing a lot better than I ever imagined, honestly. I'm consistently named one of the funnier people there and I've been asked on more than one occasion to go to other venues other than the one I normally perform at.


Finally, being a father really is the greatest thing anyone could ever ask for. My little girl is my world and I really couldn't imagine my life having as much sunshine in it without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment